Tuesday, May 3, 2011

How I Met Your Mother: The Perfect Cocktail

     I wasn't going to write anything about this episode, there really wasn't much to say, but I felt I started this thing, I have to finish.  The episode was OK.  It didn't offend me but at the same time had nothing that really hit my funny bone or my heart.  The liqueur storyline fell a little flat.  It had some small moments but the potential for laughs was far higher then the execution.  I liked the call back to the cock-a-mouse, but it felt like it was just thrown in to please those of us who like call backs.  It could have played so much bigger a role in the storyline but instead it was just a random throw in.
     I don't get why Zoey would be so grossed out she had to leave the building, but she still wants to save it, childhood memories or not.  It seemed to me, the point of them staying there is the first place was for Ted to show her it wasn't worth saving, which he did, yet they're still going to try to save it.  I'm missing something.
     I also thought the booth joke missed as well.  Do all these people live at the bar?  It just so happens that every time this girl and her friends are there, so are the Lilly and Robin?  If the gang is always in that booth how would anyone else know that's the booth they want?  And what's going on with Robin?  I feel like the writers have just forgotten about her.  They've given her one or two moments all season.  I really feel like they have no idea what to do with her, leaving her as this side character with no story and no good jokes.  It's a shame.
     I think there's only two episodes left this season.  Let's hope they can end with a bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment