Friday, May 20, 2011

Boston Bruins: Round Three Game Three (Lightning)

     Before I get into last night's game I would just like to point out that people are reporting that Milan Lucic has been seen limping around off the ice.  Now, I don't have any connections to the Bruins team.  I don't spend any time in the locker room.  I haven't even seen a live game all year.  All I have to go by is what I see on TV, and not to toot my own horn, but I wrote last series (I thought it during the Montreal series but forgot to write about it) that Lucic was playing hurt.  Just saying.
     Last night was more like the Bruins I want to see the rest of the playoffs.  They scored the goals they needed and shut the Lightning down on the defensive end of things.  Thomas was solid, and thanks to much better defensive play, didn't have to make the phenomenal stand-on-his-head types of saves he was forced to make in game two.  All that leads to a shutout of one of the best offensive teams in hockey.  I have to give some credit to Chara.  I'm not a huge fan and haven't been shy about it in this blog, but Chara stepped up last night and played the type of solid defensive game we needed him to.  Whatever plagued the Bruins defense in game two was mostly gone last night and Chara seemed to be leading the change.
      One person who still seems a little lost out there is Johnny Bochuck.  I love Bochuck and I think he is going to grow into a solid NHL defensemen, but right now the Lightning are making him look like a pylon.  I don't know if he is starting to tire out or what, but maybe Julian should give him a rest and give someone like Kemper a shot.
     Two wins down, two more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment