Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Reviewing the Previews: 4/9/13



Another week, another few preview reviews.  And as always…

F- I will never see this movie under any circumstances
D- I will never pay theater price to see this movie but may watch it on Netflix
C- I might pay to see this if nothing else is playing, if not I'll catch it on DVD
B- I am not excited, but I'll probably try to catch it in the theater
A- I'm all in


Pain and Gain – D  4/26/13
            I like Mark Walhlberg, I like the Rock, I like Rebel Wilson, but none of that makes up for a trailer that flashes “directed my Michael Bay” on the screen.  Even this group of actors couldn’t turn the slop Bay puts on screen into something worth paying for.  As good as the cast is, it really doesn’t look all that interesting.  The trailer had plenty of Michael Bay moments, but you know there’s going to be no story or plot worth talking about.

The Internship – C-  7/6/13
            There was a time when all you had to say was Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn and I was going to be at the theater.  No need to tell me a premise or a plot, I would lay down cash just for their presence.  Those days are gone.  There is a freshness date on almost every comedian and these two have passed their date.  There was not one funny moment in this trailer and that makes my heart hurt.

Conjuring – B+  8/19/13
            We are starting to get a few to many of these haunting movies.  Being possessed is to the 2010’s what un-killable psychos were to the 1980’s.  I’m also not a huge fan of James Wan; he doesn’t offend me but I’ve always wanted more from his films.  All that being said, this was a super creepy trailer that has me intrigued.  It’s a great cast and there’s something about the 70’s setting that makes it creepier.  Against my better judgment, I’m a little eager to see this one.

This Is The End – A  6/14/13
            Great premise, funny cast, from the guys who gave us one of the funniest movies in the last 5 or 6 years.  There is no way I miss this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment