Friday, April 22, 2011

Boston Bruins: Round One Game 4 (Canadians)

     I'm not sure how the B's won that game.  It's a little ironic because I'm not sure how they lost the first one.  I guess everything equals out in sports.  Somehow the Bruins weathered a relentless Canadian attack for two periods, kept the game close enough for them to tie in the third and then take in overtime.  I felt for sure when Montreal jumped up two goals, 3-1, early in the second that the game was over, but this team showed it's heart and bounced back not just in the game but in the series.  Heart has always played a major role in every great Bruins team.  It's a quality the Boston fans hold in higher regard then 70 goals or 140 points.  This team proved last night that they have it; they can go into the lion's den, the Bell Center, one of the hardest area's to win in hockey, down two games or two goals and come out on top.  I said last post that I wasn't sure if the Bruins were back in the series after one win, but there's no denying in now.  The series is 2-2.  The Bruins were able to hit the reset button.  It's now a best of 3 series starting in Boston.
     It would be bad form if I didn't write a little something about Michael Ryder's 2 goal performance last night, including the game winning goal in overtime.  I spent a lot of space on this blog blasting the guy all season.  He was pretty much a nonentity all year and I just didn't think that was acceptable given the money the team is paying him.  But last night Ryder pulled through with the same heart I mentioned above.  The team needed something.  Montreal was setting camp in the Bruins zone and peppering Thomas all night and Ryder's line was able to rise above and pull the game back into focus.  I finally saw the Micheal Ryder from three seasons ago.  I hope this means he's figured it out, found whatever it is that is going to drive him on the ice.  I also hope he can share it with Nathan Horton because this team isn't going anywhere unless Horton wakes up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment