Monday, April 30, 2012

Book Review: Nemesis (48 in 2012? #14)


As much as I enjoy Joe Nesbo’s style of writing, this book left me wanting much more then his previous work that I have read.  It has a good mystery that kept me turning the pages but ultimately it lacked in many areas.  A lot of the characters and the situations they found themselves in started to feel like clichés.  It also became one of those stories with three or four endings; just when you thought things were solved or wrapped up Nesbo through is a twist and opened things up again.  I feel like I would have enjoyed the book with out the twists and found the final ending to be somewhat of a cop out.
            All that being said, I plan on continuing to read Nesbo’s work.  His style is enjoyable to read and the dark world his characters work in is fun to jump into.  Plus, he built up enough credit with Redbreast, that one so so novel will not turn me off.  Here’s to hoping the rest of his work is closer to Redbreast then Nemesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment