Wednesday, January 19, 2011

How I Met Your Mother: Bad News

I've knocked the super sappy HIMYM episodes in the past, but there isn't much bad I can say about this one.  Bad News, even though it wasn't what I like most from HIMYM, was just good TV.  The tugging at the heart strings was genuine and didn't feel forced or over done.  Marshal's relationship with his father has never been up front and center, but we've gotten enough of it over the years to feel the strong bond and feel Marshal's pain.  Looking back it feels like a lot of the Marshal/Lilly stuff has been moving us towards this episode and whatever the aftermath of the death will have on their relationship.
The moral of the story... even though I watch HIMYM for the laughs, I enjoy well done drama as well.

Some other notes from the episode...
     I liked seeing the return of the Sensory Deprivator 5000 from season two's Monday Night Football episode.
     Loved the fact that nobody believed that the doctor was Barney's doppelganger.  Why would you?  We have enough history to not believe anything said by any one looking vaguely similar to Barney.
     The sperm sample scene in Marshal's bathroom with his parents yelling through the door was one of the most painfully hilarious scenes I've seen all year on TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment